Information We Collect
Data You Provide to Us
The types of personal information that we collect directly from you depends on the content and features of the service you use and how you otherwise interact with us and may include:
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address, and phone number;
- Account login credentials, such as usernames and passwords;
- Other account registration and profile information, such as job title and practice area;
- Payment information, such as a credit or debit card number;
- Information that you communicate to us, such as feedback or questions for customer support;
- Information that you provide interacting with the service, such as search query data; and/or
- Interests and communications preferences.
Data from Your Bar Association
We may obtain personal information about you from the bar association of which you are a member to activate and manage your access to and use of the bar association’s subscription to our service, including your contact details and bar association ID number.
Data from Other Third Parties
We also may obtain contact details and other information about you from our affiliates and from other third parties, including:
- Organizations with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities;
- Social networks when you grant permission to the service to access your data on one or more networks;
- Service providers that help us determine a location in order to customize the service to your location; and/or
- Publicly available sources and data suppliers from which we obtain data to validate or supplement the information we hold.
Data from Service Use
The service may automatically collect information about how you and your device interact with the service, including:
- Computer, device and connection information, such as IP address, browser characteristics, operating system version, mobile platform and unique device identifier and other technical identifiers, error reports and performance data; and/or
- Usage data, such as the features used, settings selected, your URL click stream data, search terms you used, and pages you visited or searched for on the service.
How We Use Your information
Depending on how you interact with us and the service, we use your personal information to:
- Provide, activate, and manage your access to and use of the service;
- Process and fulfill a request, order, download, subscription, or other transaction;
- Provide technical and other support and help keep the service working, safe and secure;
- Enhance and improve the service and develop new ones;
- Respond to your inquiries and comments;
- Notify you about changes, updates and other announcements;
- Deliver targeted advertisements, promotional messages, survey invitations and other information;
- Identify usage trends and develop data analysis; and/or
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our terms.
Sharing of Your Information
We may share your personal information with our affiliates, sponsors and other third parties that wish to send you information about their products and services that may be of interest to you as determined by your choices in managing your communication preferences.
For Legal Reasons
We also will disclose your personal information if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or other legal obligation;
- detect, investigate, and help prevent security, fraud, or technical issues; and/or
- protect the rights, property or safety of our users, employees, or others; and
as part of a corporate transaction, such as a transfer of assets to or an acquisition by or merger with another company.
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the service and fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, maintaining business and financial records, resolving disputes, maintaining security, detecting and preventing fraud and abuse, and enforcing our agreements
If you access the service through a subscription administered or sponsored by your bar association or other organization, we retain your organizational contact details after the termination of your organization's subscription to continue to communicate with you.
We implement technical and organizational measures aimed to ensure an appropriate level of security of your personal information.
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 or target the service to children under 13.
Your Communications Preferences
You can customize and manage your communications preferences and other settings when you register with the service, by updating your account features and preferences, by using the "opt-out" mechanisms such as "unsubscribe" or other means provided within the communications that you receive, or by contacting us. We reserve the right to notify you of changes or updates to the service whenever necessary.
Accessing and Updating Your Information
Registered users may access and review their account information and make corrections or updates upon login to the service at any time. Registered users may also close their account directly through the service or by contacting customer support.
You have the right under certain privacy laws, as may be applicable, to request free of charge access to and correction and deletion of your personal information. If you are a California resident, under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), you have the further right to request that we disclose to you (i) the categories of personal information we collected about you and the categories of sources from which we collected such information; (ii) the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you; (iii) the business or commercial purpose for collecting personal information about you; and (iv) the categories of personal information about you that we shared or disclosed and the categories of third parties with whom we shared or to whom we disclosed such information in the preceding 12 months. You also have the right to not be discriminated against in pricing and services because you exercise any of your rights under the CCPA. We do not sell personal information to third parties within the scope of the application of the CCPA.
Legal InQuery Solutions Inc. 1105 North Market Street, Suite 501, Wilmington, Delaware 19801
Last Updated: June 1, 2021